Leaking boiler - any ideas?

Hi, got an Alpha CB24 combi boiler, just about 2.5 years old - noticed a drop of water fall off it when I was in the airing cupboard and upon further investigation noticed quite a few more sat in the plastic tray on the bottom! Removed this and had a peer up inside and could see another drip further up inside the boiler, above the cold water inlet. Any ideas as to what may be leaking? I assumed a leaky washer on the inlet but as the leak appears to be coming from further up inside the boiler I am a little more wary. If anyone has any advice before I ring my local CH engineer and give him money, I'd be happy :)

Cheers

Hellraiser............>

Reply to
Hellraiser

Can't answer your question but we got an Alpha CD32C about 4 months ago and ours has a 3-year warranty so check yours before giving any money to your local CH engineer.

Mogweed.

Reply to
Mogweed

If it is a combi and in the airing cupboard (which has damp clothes?) it is possibly simply condensation from the warm moist air in the airing cupboard forming on the cold inlet pipe.

Reply to
Peter Parry

I'd of thought the cold pipe would not be cold in boiler cupboard?

Do people still use an airing cupboard to dry their clothes?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Aye

Get Theesen a new boiler yer daft old boiler ye

Reply to
Gogu Brincoveanu

It should be repairable. There are hundreds of places for water to leak in a boiler. A hot favourites would be: The auto air vent - especially if the pressure has not been kept up correctly.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

If the boiler is in the cupboard the cold pipe will be in the same cupboard (unless it is a Tardis heater). If water is being drawn off the pipe will be cold.

They do to air them (clue in the name). Warm air holds much more moisture than cold so if the RH in the cupboard is only at room levels water still condenses on the cold pipe.

Reply to
Peter Parry