Shower diverter valve question

We have a Mira Atom bar thermostat shower, with both a hand-held shower-head and an overhead 'deluge' head. A diverter valve allows selection between one or the other, or both together. However the direction that the little bar on the diverter valve points is counter- intuitive: upwards for the hand-held head, to the back for the overhead deluge, and forwards for both together. I would like to reverse the first two, as they presently offend my sense of logic (but work perfectly OK, so it's a personal thing!), so that up diverts to the overhead and back diverts to the hand-held.
Removing the cap on the diverter valve assembly reveals a screw head, holding in a plastic fitting. Before I start taking it apart, am I likely to be able to change the flow settings in the valve by re-positioning this fitting in some way, or am I stuck with the existing arrangement, in which case there's no point in fiddling with it? (The Mira web site doesn't show an exploded diagram of the diverter, although it shows exploded diagrams for almost everything else).
--

Chris

On 10/12/2013 11:09, Chris Hogg wrote:

I would imagine the only simple way would be to swap the output pipes round...
--
Cheers,

John.
On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 16:15:29 +0000, John Rumm

Not an option, I'm afraid. The overhead deluge is a rigid, plumbed-in fixture.
--

Chris

On 10/12/2013 16:51, Chris Hogg wrote:

With the connections concealed in the wall, or surface mounted?
--
Cheers,

John.
On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 19:16:24 +0000, John Rumm

As per http://www.mirashowers.co.uk/onlinecatalog/pdf/1098814_w2_f_mira_atom_erd.pdf
Page 12, bottom right, shows the diverter tap (also in other places). The hand-held head connection is at the back, and the deluge connection at the top. In all the diagrams, the little bar on the diverter tap is pointing forwards, which brings in both shower heads. With the bar pointing up, in the direction of the deluge, the hand-held head is operational, while with the bar pointing to the back, in the direction of the hand-held head connection, the deluge is operational. Those last two mildly irritate me, and I'm looking for a simple solution like reversing the gizmo inside the diverter tap, or whatever, so that the little bar points to the outlet (shower head or deluge) that is actually operational, but I'm not looking for major plumbing activity!
The pipes supplying the bar thermostat unit are behind a tiled plywood panel.
--

Chris

On 10/12/2013 20:03, Chris Hogg wrote:

Ah, sorry yes you did say it was a bar mixer in the original post - but I was thinking of the more traditional type...

Could you rotate the handle 90 deg to have down, out and up instead? Not sure if it would be any less irritating though!
--
Cheers,

John.
On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 23:09:59 +0000, John Rumm

Thanks for your thoughts. I was hoping someone would say they'd investigated the innards of the diverter and all I had to do was this and that. But no luck, it seems. I'm at the moment sketching diagrams on paper to see if it's even possible in principle to re-arrange a T-bore stopcock to give me the desired result (as in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:T_bore_stopcock.JPG ), assuming something like that is what's inside. I then might pluck up the courage to start investigating the diverter itself. I'm not optimistic, though.
--

Chris