Laying concrete driveway ...

In message , John Rumm writes

Round here the hire shop will ask you if know how to use them. You have to answer yes or they won't hire them out to you. I didn't find any problem in using one successfully with no experience, so, although understanding Nthkentman's concerns upthread, it's not quite like killdozer.

Reply to
Nick

More aimed at patios, but definitely take a look at great reading lots of good advice and calculators. Paving Expert 'pavingexpert - Paving, Drainage and Hard Landscaping Advice'

The calculators are pretty good and will tell you the quantities you will need. I relied heavily on this site to finish the back garden paving.

I sieved 2-3 foot depth and then shift 9 car loads with the suspension bottoming out with rubble and old slabs. Then laid a SWA cable 2 foot under to the garage at the same time.

A good mattock and pickaxe, angle grinder and SDS. Plenty of blisters and pain. most importantly the tamper.

Reply to
hewhowalksamongus