lap joint box joint pliers

Hi all

whats the difference

initial google pics look the same for both

Regards

Reply to
TMC

"TMC" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

About halfway down this page...

"Box Joint Versus Lap Joint Pliers Most pliers are constructed with either box joints or lap joints to hinge and fasten the two halves of the pliers together. You will usually find that lesser quality budget pliers use a lap joint because their cheaper and easier to manufacture. Box joint pliers will always outlast and outperform lap joint pliers and are therefore a far superior type of pliers to choose for your jewellery making. Box joint pliers should retain precise alignment and experience no looseness or side play always open and close smoothly due to their joint construction. Lap joint pliers on the other hand tend to wear very quickly which will result in the pliers becoming loose and wobbly over time."

Reply to
Adrian

Have found the answer

and that I have only one pair of box joint which are tiny pliers that I hardly ever use

Regards

Reply to
TMC