Lampshade to fit fan

Has anyone ever come across lampshades of any kind that would fit onto a fan designed to take a glass bowl? The glass bowl is simply too small for the required bulbs.

Or any clever adaptor ideas... cant use a shade that clips onto the bulb as it wouldnt go on a stick CFL.

cheers, NT

Reply to
meow2222

There are some CFL's with a large spherical outer bulb which is intended to directly viewable. I have a table lamp which was originally intended to take a giant spherical filament bulb (which is the head of an otherwise wooden figure). I have fitted one of these spherical CFL's, and it looks OK. It came from CPC, but I've seen them in retail outlets with a big range of CFL's.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yes, I've played with the globe bulbs before. But I need a lot of light output, and want to avoid glare, so a globe wouldnt be big enough to do that. Doing some more thinking I've realised an ordinary shade can be attached using 4 iron wire fixings, to prevent wobble, so will look for a decent shade - which may be a challenge.

cheers, NT

Reply to
meow2222