laminate -slight curve on hearth

I want to lay laminate flooring in my lounge ,only slight problem I'm thinking of, there is a very slight curve on my hearth,would plastic edging bend slightly to finish it off.I did a bedroom and put wood edging round instead of taking off all the skirting and it looks fine.If I can match the colouring would that work? putting it on with no nails.

Reply to
svmsbb

A router would sort out that curve profile.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The beading will bend a lot, but the limiting factor is how you 'stick it down', with a bend in it, until the 'glue' goes off.

Heavy furniture and garden canes spring to mind here.

Put the beading down with your choice of 'glue' and arrange the heavy furniture, so that you can use canes ,bits of wood, furniture itself, to ensure that the beading will remain in place until the 'glue' takes a grab.

The word 'glue' is my way of saying what you think may be a suitable medium for adhesion for this project.

HTH

Dave

Reply to
Dave

The beading will not ben around a corner.

we're talking 1" quadrant here and plastic L shape?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Cut the laminate to fit the hearth then

Its not hard..you can use a mastic to make and expansion joint there if needs be.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

To most people, a "very slight curve" is not a corner.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Curve/corner doesn't, matter 1" quadrant/L shaped plastic will not bend around that curve or half circle? it has to be cut at the back with V grooves to form it around the obstacle.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

You're the only one who has mentioned anything about the size or shape. You don't need anything like 1".

Simple saw cuts will do the job.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

thanks everyone,I thinks the small cuts seem like the best option,I remember an old pal of mine doing that when he made his guitar and the wood did bend,though the slight curve I would need doing would be over a longer stretch so shouldnt be to difficult.thanks again

Reply to
svmsbb