Vinyl Floor and Standing Shower, damaged floor edge

Hi:

The bath room has a vinyl sheet floor that is in good shape except a width of like 1" as it reaches the standing shower base. The outside of the base is somewhat similar to the picture below that I fond on internet, except that the 2 outer edges are round:

Is there a good way of correcting the situation? I do not have any vinyl sheet to replace. I thought of using something like a flexible trim or wall base but could not find something that could cover like 1" of the floor in a nice way. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards, Mansour

Reply to
Mansour

Well, if you don't feel like putting in an entirely new floor (1" isn't much worth it I suppose), I'd maybe just put a decorative trim around it, almost like a door threshold. I'd buy a 2" wide piece of moulding of some kind, like you would use around a door frame, but just lay it flat on the floor. The round parts will be a pain, but you can do it with some careful cutting, jigsawing, utility-knifing, etc.

Paint all surfaces of the trim after cutting, but before installing, with something decently waterproof. I'd paint it to match the floor (white, clear wood finish, whatever). Make sure the floor is absolutely dry. Then run a little caulk all along the shower/wood crack, along the top edge of the vinyl, lay down the trim, and fasten with a couple of finish nails. THe idea is to keep water out from underneath the vinyl especially, and out from under the trim as well.

If the curves are big, you might start with a 4" wide piece of trim, lay them out, then "scribe" a line to match the curve of the shower, then cut it down leaving only about 2" remaining.

Reply to
kevin