WC pan to waste sealer.

What's the best stuff to use these days? It's an old pan going into a cast iron waste and the existing gunge has fallen out. Is Plumber's Mait still as good as anything?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'll use Plumber's Mait, then. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's what I have used before .Works fine . I have also wrapped the whole joint in Sylglas tape as well ..although it is 'orrible stuff.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Is there not a suitable plastic socket/plug with rubber seals device available. There will always be movement between a loo and the soil pipe that will crack anything that sets.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Not of you do the job properly there won't.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well Plumber's Mait doesn't set according to the blurb. Whatever was used on mine did - but took somewhat over 30 years. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Is the pan going straight into the waste? If so you might be able to use the rubber seals taken out of a plastic coupler.

Reply to
adder1969

It does, yes. The porcelain goes into the cast iron - dunno how far. The snag is it's not centrally aligned - it's near touching at the top and a large gap at the bottom.

However, I've done it with Plumber's Mait and it seems fine so perhaps ok for another 30 years. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)