Rotating a cast-iron waste pipe

Hi all.
Is there any way one can rotate a segment of cast-iron waste pipe in-situ by about 45 degrees ? The segment of the pipe I wish to rotate is about 6 feet long, and it has been sitting there for a very long time. I don't know what was used to seal/bond these segments into a stack in them olden days and if anyone has ever tried doing something similar. It would just make the life so much easier if I could get this done.
Cutting and replacing is not really an option as the stack is internal to the building and serves a couple of flats above us and a couple below us. And that could turn into a really shitty job :) And also this is where most of my fears concerning the torsional strength of the above mentioned pipe comes from :)
Any expiriences and /or (sensible :) ideas much appreciated.

Molten lead.
IMO you will need to cut the pipe (it's actually quite soft) and rejoin it. You can buy a 2-piece CI coupling (Timesaver is the trade name IIRC) which has a neoprene gasket, or slightly less tidy the stainless steel sleeve type of coupling with a couple of Jubilee clips.
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:44:08 +0100, "Abraxas"

This really sounds like "Pay Sombody Else To Do It" is the best option.
"A Mans Go To Know His Limitations"
Rick