laminate floor edging

I think it's called laminate scotia (by quickstep anyway), you know the 15mm beeding that hides the gap between the floor expansion gap and the existing skirting.
Anyway, whats the recomended way to fit it, pin, glue, and to the floor or skirting or both.
TIA
Jon

I've always pinned or siliconed (clear) to the skirting only, then if the flooring does expand it 'slides' under the beading.
HTH
John
jon wrote:

Pin it to the skirting.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Given that it's masking the expansion gap, it'd rather defeat the object if you nailed it to the floor.
Just the skirting - but for preferrence, pull the skirting boards off, put the floor down and put the skirting back on top covering the gap.
--
Skipweasel

That's the messiest and most troublesome way but best in the long run.
A stitch in time ... not spoiling the shoip for a ha'porth of tar ... and others of that ilk come to mind.
Mary

contains these words:

If I pulled the skirting off (ooh err missus), I'd probably end up taking half of the wall with me. Anyway the customer is happy with just beeding.
So it's pin to skirting.
Cheers all
Jon
contains these words:

Yes but it can be plastered.

Ah, I didn't realise it wasn't for you. In that case the quality doesn't matter, does it! I wouldn't have beading for the world, no matter who did it.
Mary
"jon" wrote

Not really a response to the post but I used wooden quadrant bead in my daughter's bedroom around fitted wardrobes. This, when varnished, was a far better match to the floor colour and way cheaper than the plastic coated whatever that's sold for the job.
Phil