laminate in the bathroom - negotiating the toilet !

All, I am thinking of laying quick-step laminate tiles in the athroom. However, anyone got any tips for how to do it round the bottom of the toilet and sink ?? Cutting to size and leaving a 10mm gap isn't a wory - but what do I fill/cover the gaps with ??

Cheers, Neil

Reply to
NC

I left a 5mm gap as per the instructions on the particular laminate I used, and then used coloured silicone sealant to fill/seal the gap.

Even if you manage to find some other means of covering the gap I'd say that sealing it was essential, due to the high probablility of water penetration during cleaning.

As an aside, although manufacturers specify a specific, fixed, expansion gap around the room, this must _surely_ depend upon the dimensions of the room where the flooring is laid? Therefore, if it's a small bathroom I would have thought that you could probably get away with a much smaller gap than the normal recommended one. Conversely, for a particularly large room I would have thought that a larger gap would be needed.

cheers Richard

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

Thanks for the tip - the expansion gap is normally in the small print as a certain mm per m or floor - and is generally estimated at 10mm.

Anyone know if I would need additional sealant on the floor for quickstep laminate 800 tiles ??

penetration

Reply to
NC

Until quite recently I also had NO experience of this. I've just done something similar and it was a lot easier than I had imagined - looks good too. Put off doing it for weeks because I was scared - what a relief when it all went so easily. Wouldn't advise doing it if it's your *only* toilet though.

As for the tiling .... that's another matter :-(((

Reply to
Troy