Labelmakers

The Brother battery powered hand held unit is unequaled IME. It is a bit of a pain to use and the label tape is wildly expensive, but the labels are dishwasher and freezer proof. They are the only label I know that you can peel off a surface and reuse numerous times. I would never buy anything else!

Reply to
Capitol

The only thing to give problems with a Brother label was when I applied them to cling film. They won't come off!

Reply to
Capitol
[16 lines snipped]

I suspect that asking for something that prints dishwasher-proof labels and i supported by Linux is probably a step too far ...

:o)

Reply to
Huge

Not in this house.

Reply to
Huge

Given the printer needs power, I'm not sure that would help. But it's quite possible it could be used like any other network printer. With the correct software.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My brother P touch machine seems to last *ages* on a set of 4 AAs. Can't see it being that complicated to make something similar with either wifi or bluetooth added on (and without the keyboard if you want to keep the size / cost down)

Reply to
John Rumm

They operate on the Gillette principle, of course.

Not dishwasher proof, but Dymo do a whole range of labelmakers and indeed label machines. They all seem to be done using heat sensitive stuff.

I bought the cheapest machine and got 50% cashback. Seems to be about £45 from Argos at present - "Dymo LabelManager PnP".

USB, plug it in, it provides a readonly drive and you run the software off that. You can install more functional software if you need it.

Type in what you want, press the button. Label emerges, press the cutter button, done.

Reply to
Bob Eager

And while I?ll accept that children do have fairly smooth surfaces, I?m not sure they would really work on them.

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

The Chinese favour head shaving:

Max Demian