knapsack sprayers

I've borrowed a 12 litre one from Dad, like this

But even with the straps fully extended, it's like trying to squeeze into a size zero dress, so is not useable, there seems to be a big jump to sprayers costing over £150, can anyone recommend one that fits a wide-shouldered chap?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have a Hozelock Plus 10 liter jobby. The traps, fully extended are 5 feet, 2,5 feet either side of the top of the container.

Reply to
Broadback

My favourite use for these was by wandering coffee-vendors in Mexico City traffic jams. No sprayhead needed, of course, just a nozzle. With two separate tanks, they could even offer a choice of coffee flavour.

BTW, do you often try to get into a size zero dress? <g>

Reply to
Davey

Fits my reasonably broad shoulders and it good value for money. I expect Screwfix would dig one out for you or your Dad to try.

I would suggest (this being a DIY forum) that you also look at extending the straps.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Normally I hate fiddling about with straps, but you're right, for a few quid it's worth sticking some 30mm webbing on my amazon wishlist ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have a Stihl one and it's fine. £70.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

What's that, the SG51? Looks good, I'll bear it in mind for when/if Dad wants his back ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Extra straps to extend them? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I've got one like that, never used it. It's not the size of the strps that is the problem, it's how to hoist it onto my back when full.

Reply to
DJC

Andy Burns submitted this idea :

That looks as if it is only supposed to hang from one side, under your arm, rather than on your back as a back pack would.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

DJC pretended :

Stand it on a bench, turn your back to it, then arms through the straps and stand up..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Reply to
Andrew

It does show a picture of a size 0 chinaman wearing it on his back though.

Reply to
Andrew

I gave up with knapsack sprayer when our garden centre ran a deal on 5 litre fence sprayers complete with rechargeable battery and charger for virtually peanuts. We now own 3 - one for roundup, one for herbicide and one for fence preserver. NO aching arms anymore.

Reply to
Cynic

No, it's a poor photo, there are two shoulder straps, you'd need three arms to a) carry it b) pump it c) aim sprayer

Reply to
Andy Burns

with arms wedged behind you like a trussed-up chicken ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I put it on a table, bend my knees, and problem solved.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:qko7aq$m7q$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

But it does say back straps.

Reply to
jeikppkywk

Hopefully the first two are well labelled ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Ordered a reel of 30mm nylon webbing which arrived today, I replaced the

95cm straps with 145cm straps, I do find straps and buckles slightly fiddly, but got them connected up ok, it now fits comfortably ... I still like the look of the Stihl ones Bill mentioned though.
Reply to
Andy Burns