Kitchen sink replacement required

Hello group,

I wish to replace my current kitchen sink which is a very cheap stainless steel Carron Phoenix 1.5 bowl measuring 1030mm by 508mm on the top edge. It is a standard top-mount sink.

I am struggling to find a sink which will fit or require a slightly larger cut-out.

We would like to get something black or dark grey in either resin or composite granite. I would be grateful for any suggestions as to where to look.

Alternatively, if I were to find a sink slightly smaller than the current one is there any way (other than new worktop) of dealing with the current cut-out being too large?

Kind regards. Jon

Reply to
Jon Parker

The Carron Phoenix 1.5 bowl range appear to be 1m x .5m

Is this a sink with a draining board? If so the cut out in the work surface is likely to be just under the bowl and not to the edge of the draining board. If so any 1m x 0.5 sink/drainer (of the same bowl position) is likely to fit without major modification to the work surface.

Look in the kitchen cupboard under the sink to determine the size of the cut out.

Reply to
alan_m

Do yourself a favour & avoid dark colours, they will look awful once life stains them.

Reply to
Animal

+1 A lot of the current fashion items look good in the showroom but not so good after a short period of use.
Reply to
alan_m

-1. My granite (actually gabbro) worktops are dark and don't stain...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, it incorporates a draining board. I can tell the draining board is below the level of the worktop, sonI am confident thencut-out is for the whole unit, notnjustbyhe 1.5 sinks.

Cheers anyway. Jon

Reply to
Jon Parker