kerosene/red diesel in Stirling Scotland

i have an eberspacher diesel fueled heating system in my motorhome,

i usually fill the 50 litre tank that feeds it up before we go away at my bulk local fuel suppliers, and pay around 50p a litre for kerosene, and 55p a litre for red diesel, (heater will run on either, but is hotter and less smelly on diesel.. but builds up carbon, which a tank of kerosene clears out)

like a numpty i didnt fill the tank before this trip, as we only planned to go as far as the lake district, we are not in stirling, scotland, and are planning to go upto loch ness and then head back slowly, and were almost out of fuel in the heaters tank.

i've had a google, but cant seem to find a place that sells red diesel around here, and the only places that do heating oil have a 500 litre min purchase, and wont allow anything but a tanker delivery.

Anyone from this area know of a heating fuels supplier that sells from a pump via a normal petrol pump type nozzle? or a place i can buy the 20 litre drums of parafin for sensable prices?

Reply to
gazz

Speedy hire in stirling should be able to sell it to you in 20 l drums

But you wont pay 55p a litre for red diesel ,you might as well fill up at the pump.

Stuart B

That is red bought for powering boats through the water not red bought for other purposes, like running a heater or generator or some classes of vehicle.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You could try

to see what their prices are like. They do supply everything you have mentioned.

Reply to
BigWallop

Oh Oh !!! That link should be

BigWallop

"gazz" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Either swallow your pride and spend the extra £20 on filling it with normal diesel, or ask around some farmers, in farm stores etc.

Reply to
Adrian

The right person on a construction site might arrange some for much less than 50p/litre;-)

Reply to
Invisible Man

It might be worth phoning one of the marinas on the Forth & Clyde Canal to ask if they would fill your heating tank with red diesel at the "heating" rate.

Reply to
John Weale

Go to Yell.com and search for Oil Fuel Distributers and Suppliers. I'm sure you'll find what you need.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Local farm stores to enquire would be McCaskie Farm Supplies Ltd

4 Munro Rd (next to Enterprise car hire) Springkerse Industrial Estate Stirling Stirlingshire FK7 7UU Tel: +44 (0) 1786 474481
Reply to
Owain

So where exactly are you then?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I think he means " we are now in Stirling, Scotland"

Reply to
Dave Osborne