Kent to be turned into giant lorry park full of rotting food

Why do we import BMW when we make Jaguar here?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

WTF indeed. Importuning all that beef. I think there is a law against that.

Who wants to get f***ed by a dead bullock anyway?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Exactly... Unless the beef is seriously special and in small quantities the situation is rediculous.

Reply to
Tim Watts

If the beef we export earns more than what we import then what's the problem?

If we can't export it or earn more because a tariff is put on it then it may be a problem.

Reply to
dennis

The extra congestion, wear and tear on the roads, pollution, etc.?

Supply chains have become ridiculous, with items shipped from country A to B, installed into a sub-assembly, shipped back to A for more work, off to C for final installation and back to A for sale! And all relying upon disruption free travel by road and ferry that can be disrupted in a moment.

Or it may be that it actually does get sold in the UK, with only a small reduction in profits and without all the food-miles. None of us can know though, as contract details, pricing, shipping costs, profit margins, etc. are all closely guarded secrets.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker