Keeping artificial grass clean

Is there a preferred tool/implement for removing small debris from artificial grass?

Reply to
Broadback

I pull out any weeds as and when I notice them (they generally can't get their roots established anyway) and use a dog 'undercoat rake' to loosen moss every couple of years, anything else that blows in tends to blow out again ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Henry

Reply to
Andrew

Not when the grass is weighted down with fine sand.

Reply to
Andy Burns

"Jim K.." snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

See comment about fine sand. Are you one of those people who uses a pressure washer for everything - A thumb over a hosepipe used to be sufficient for most uses.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Garden vacuum? What I do not get is how they keep the weeds away. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No he also has an angle grinder.... :-)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Just been working at a house that is a bit pikey.

They have artificial grass and a dog.

Need I say more?

Reply to
ARW

Pressure washer

Reply to
Jim K..

The one not made by the op?

Are you one of those people who uses a

No. Are you one of those who assume every artificial grass installation is done the same way?

Reply to
Jim K..

Or presumably the sand that Derby borne is wibbling about?

Reply to
Jim K..

I know a fat bloke with 3 pedigree dogs, & an unfenced lawn garden the size of 2 cars, who pays a dog day care outfit 7 days a week to take them away, "entertain" & bring em back at dinner(tea).

First thing they do in the morning? Shit in the gravel border of the rear patio on top of the previous evenings deposits...

If he wasn't breeding them (sigh) I'd have to wonder WTF is the point...

Reply to
Jim K..