Joining rainwater downpipe

I have a few angles to form in plastic (uPVC) downpipe that don't correspond to any available fittings, so thought the simple way would be to cut and join the pipe. What would be a good idea to join it with? I thought maybe PVC pipe cement, but PVC waste is much softer than downpipe. Then I thought superglue/mitre bond, but I suspect that will fall apart easily when subjected to water. Any better suggestions folks? It's not really critical, as none of it's far off the ground, but it would good to do it once and for all.

Reply to
GMM

GMM formulated on Thursday :

I cannot envisage any that could not be solved with the use of 45 deg angles, but you can make small angles with the application of heat to the pipe, to enable the pipe wall to stretch a little. The pipe suppliers have small tins of the PVC glue needed for the job. It works by slightly disolving the plastic, to achieve a weld.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

All of the regular fittings effectively 'overlap' the pipe by having a socket into which the inlet pipe fits , and a spigot which fits into the outlet pipe. This provides mechanical strength for the joint. Any attempt simply to butt two pipes and glue them together is unlikely to work. As others have said, you can nearly always route a pipe to the right place by using a combination of 90 degree and 45 degree joints.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Google "68mm adjustsble bend". Most manufecturers do them. Epensive so often not on BM shelf.

Reply to
harryagain