It made me laugh, anyway...

John Williamson

I thought this was the only really good one

Vise Grips - A pair of helping hands that doesn't critique the job you're doing or offer advice.

Reply to
newshound

Halogen Light - A worklight that lights up your backyard with the incandescence of a football stadium, causing you to cast a heavy shadow over the area you're working on so that you need to use a flashlight anyway.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I remember seeing a much longer list some time back. One that stuck in my mind was:

Pillar Drill (or Drill Press)

- a tool for hurling pieces of metal out of the garage, and through the closed window of the daughter's boyfriend's car parked outside.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel