Is this dribble?

Some of the energy makes noise. It must be a fraction of 1% but I can usually hear them when they are switched on. The rest makes heat.

So if this device reduces the energy

"Ya canna break the laws of physics" said Scotty

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yes. I'd guess it also produces light of a non visible frequency too. But combining both will still only amount to a tiny percentage.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

These people say you can.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Do you believe them?

Reply to
Andy Hall

When I buy one.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

OK. Why don't you do that, measure the performance and post the results.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Yes, but as we all know, the laws of physics are different on planet drivel

Reply to
geoff

Matt, it is not for sale yet. Boy you are dumb at times.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie, I would get rid of them. I wouldn't harbour such tripe.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

He'll just claim he has and quote the ads - same as everything else.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I didn't suggest buying one *now*, but will you when they become available - if they do?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Say it saves 2/3 of the electricity as resistance heating. That brings it in line with current gas prices. What cost it is to buy is then important. If it is a reasonable price to buy then it has advantages of no servicing and small. It goes well with a thermal store as the company web site shows. It will also kill heat pumps stone dead, except where the heat pump is reversible for heat and cool. Even then if using an absorption cooling system, it may be viable. When gas supplies start to dwindle then this comes into its own.

It is an over-unity device, if it does what they say, in that it produces more in energy output that input. Using this surplus and go through an energy state change may produce turning motion. Then vehicle applications are then in the frame.

So, as electricity at point of burn is 99% efficient in the energy burnt, in actuality from generator to point of burn it is only around 1/3 efficient as

2/3 is lost in latent heat losses at the station and line losses. This unit then makes electricity 100% efficient, from tip to toe. If it is takes les than 1/3 of resistance heating, say more like 1/6, then this thing is a clear winner all around. Run the stations with natural gas, phasing down gas for districts and we will have one clean nation. Then we can concentrate on getting cars 100% electric and providing the charge cheaply, maybe using one of these devices.

We shall see.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off as you are total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

There is not, and never will be, an "over-unity" device that produces more energy out than is consumed. The search for, and belief in, such things are the desperate scrabblings of the feeble minded, poorly educated or just plain gullible for an easy fix for our energy needs. Increasing efficiency of energy usage (either through technology or renewables) or reducing demand are the only things that make a difference.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Well there may be one day, but it won;t be by someone who is fighting the academic and scientfic community every inch of the way to get a product to market into a domestic environment.

If there was a hint of reality about this, it would be worth a few hundred billion dollars, and the bloke would either get a Nobel prize, or be shot by the oil companies.

The search for, and belief in, such things are

Precisely.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Have you told York University all this?

They can indeed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It appears this man has had an easy ride.

They money will flood in.....if it does what they say If a uni had been heavily involved then the technology is out, so not worth shooting him. It does not give anything for nothing as such. Energy has to be used to make it go, so the oil people are safe.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Well, no there won't but your general point is well taken about bringing things that are possible to market!

There is no way of "making" energy, you can only convert it from one form to another.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Au contraire, I find it a little suprising that a "discovery" that disproves the laws of thermodynamics that correctly describe the operation of energy throught the universe - a discovery that would set all known science aside - fails to rate even a mention on their website!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

There is your problem. You believe that these laws cover all explanations of matter/energy, etc. Any scientist who knows his stuff will tell you that these laws are man made and explain about 10% of matter. The top British scientist in that Swiss atom big circle pipe, only recently on TV said that.

Could be a non-disclosure agreement. This company did give money to York Uni for research, a Google brings that out. York uni are highly rated as well. Best to look at this as if the bottle if half full rather than half empty. Have an open mind - say, nice idea now prove it to me. The man at the uni who is involved is real too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel