Is this dribble?

It is easy to test, and they have working model, and that is to connect it up to a cylinder of water and measure time, temps and power sued, etc. Even you could do that.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

But it creates "heat" from electricity. The heat would nee to be changed into another energy state - electricity, which runs it. That may be possible via an efficient Stirling engine, however they are only running at

50% efficiency.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This is not a perpetual motion machine. One of those take the output and puts it back into the input (create more out than going in). This is "free energy". All they need do is simple tests to see if it does what they say. It "appears" it does. The point is that they don't know what is going on. That is the complex testing - to see "how" it works, not if "it" works.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"Jim Lyons, of the University of York, independently evaluated the system. He said: 'Let's be honest, people are generally pretty sceptical about this kind of thing. Our team was happy to take on the evaluation, even if to prove it didn't work.

'But this is a very efficient replacement for the traditional immersion heater. We have examined this interesting technology and when we got the rig operating, we were getting 150 to 200 per cent more energy out than we put in, without trying too hard. People are sceptical - but somehow it works

'We are still not clear about the science involved here, because the physics and chemistry are very different-to everything that has gone before. Our challenge now is to study the science and how it works.' "

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

With an immersion heater pretty well all the input energy is converted to heat. If it isn't - where does it go? So if this device reduces the energy required to heat water by such a massive amount it's just re-invented the most basic laws of physics. And only prats like you could believe such a thing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well given that this is all theory - I was going to use my theoretically possible 90% efficient heat engine (the one that invoves heating a working fluid to 5000 degrees). Anyway, we only need a 51% efficient engine or a

201% efficient magic whoopee cell and we are away. Unfortunately the efficiency of this magical device is dropping fast - when it was last 'announced'
in 2003 it was generating 3 to 26 times the output as input, so generation would have been easy. I predict that by the time it gets to market it will have the same efficiency as Screwfix item 31397, at just 200 times the cost.

Andy

Reply to
Andy McKenzie

makes for some interesting reading about this. As does the entry for Jim Lyons on
we really need is someway of using one to charge your prius. I'm sure it's just around the corner.

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Please eff off you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I do like constructive thinking.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes; poor old Dribble is poorly endowed in the brain department and is easily decieved.

A little while back he was advocating the Irish snake oil under his alter-ego, Water Systems, on another forum.

had arranged a public demo of their device at the Science Museum recently ISTR. It was cancelled after technical difficulties; I think that's a euphemism for the Laws of Physics.

Beware of Irish snake oil.

Reply to
Onetap

I doubt it. In the repair shop more like.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

It uses a thermal store.

Dribblism, if ever I saw one!

Reply to
Onetap

It is not me.

> Steorn had arranged a public demo of their device at the Science

On-tap-on-the-head, did a wheel fall off?

Or Guinness.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

So that's alright then. Thanks for clearing it up.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

A pleasure.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Sued? Did someone say "Sued"?

Jim Lyons: "My research area is in the field of non-locality of Consciousness."

He's real BTW

why didn't they ask someone in the department of Physics?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

It is Dr. Drivel.

He drones on about two combis, thermal stores, warm air heating and the dangers of unvented water systems at the slightest opportunity.

Plus, he is easily mislead by implausible claims of >100% efficient machines.

There cannot be two individuals that stupid, so I (and many others) have concluded that Water Systems is one of Drivel's many egos.

Reply to
Onetap

On-tap-on-the-head, it is not me. This guy has style though. Boy are you dumb!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I don't know as I don't know the internal working of that uni. He is in the ..."University of York's Enterprise and Innovation Office.". I'm sure they would know who to get to test it at the uni.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They can make money at real things ..

Reply to