Is 80gms paper getting thinner?

Ooops pressed go too soon.

Each sheet must always weigh 4.9896 grams regardless of thickness (otherwise it is not 80gsm paper).

Reply to
Andy Bennet

I missed this one! 99p + 99p delivery

Adrian Caspersz

and in any case it's 80 grams *per square metre*, so changing the size of A4 would have no effect.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

How interesting, I didn't know that. 841mm x 1189 mm = 1 square metre :-)

Also of course 1189/841 = 1.414 = sqrt(2)

Reply to
RobertL

And each A size is half the size of the previous, by folding the previous in half along its longest edge to preserver 1:sqrt(2) ratio.

Way superior to stupid Imperial paper sizes.

Reply to
Huge

This is quite interesting; I found it a while ago.

Bob Eager

It does vary, for example, some paper has a coating on it to stop ink wicking along the fibres and that is denser than the paper base.

Then the actual base can vary with the type of fibres used.

Reply to
dennis

Me too. I bought a laser.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My family like nice photos:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

En el artículo , Tim Lamb escribió:

Asda do 100 6x4" prints on glossy photo card for ukp7.50, and the quality is excellent. At that price, why fart around with inkjets that cost a fortune to run and clog up at the drop of a hat?

Ounce for ounce, inkjet ink is more expensive than gold.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

A printer, who buys paper by the pallet, told me with paper made in Finland, every pallet is exactly the same height, whereas paper made in China, the pallets vary in height by up to 1cm, which he told me as an illustration that the Finns are more consistent in their papermaking so maybe the place of manufacture of your 80gms needs to be considered as well.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Why not use the computer to count. ? It can count individual pages too and put that number on the paper.

What has that got to do with it ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Because inkjets tend to be better quality for the home user. And when you go to poster size injets are cheaper to buy.

So is a lot of things and lasers aren't cheap for colour either.

Reply to
whisky-dave

And ....... have you ever seen anyone do that?

What do they do : have a micrometer on a chain next to the printer?

Reply to
Judith

Isn't white subjective? Our eyes (and cameras) have auto white balance. Who is to say what real white is?

Yes, I was thinking of white shellsuits in UV light at a fairground.

And does something else far more harmful!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Because I tell it to print 200 sheets, and the ink runs out around 100, then it doesn't know how many it's done!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Yet a ream and a box of 5 reams has always looked the same to me.

You'd need a damn sensitive set of scales, not a 50p micrometer.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Harry.

Reply to