Miele upright hose

Previously I would buy cheap vacuums and replace as necessary. A few years ago deciding that this was a false economy we bought a Miele for the best part of £300.

The hose has split at the handle. Unlike other vacuums this isn't going to be a tidy pull part, trim and reassemble job. It will be a bodge. Or a replacement involves a new handle and is nigh on a hundred quid. (Unless anyone knows better?)

Not chuffed.

Reply to
R D S

I bought a replacement Henry hose for around a tenner. Have you looked on ebay?

Reply to
GB

Yep, all £110+

Reply to
R D S

You can buy a brand new Henry for £30 less. Miele washing machines are great, but I haven't found any of their other stuff worth the money.

And the Henry hose I bought was only a fiver, it turns out.

GB

I'm not sure you're helping ! ;-))

Reply to
Andy Cap

Sorry, that wasn't very helpful, was it.

Reply to
GB

We're not greatly impressed with our Miele dishwasher. As you say, the washing machines are great.

We like our Sebo X1 vacuum cleaner a lot.

£247. Lord, that's a lot of money. But then we've probably had it well over 20 years. It's needed a new motor and hose in that time, both easily obtained and changed. It seems to have been designed to be maintained, which has impressed me.
Reply to
Huge

Yes, I came to that conclusion, but sadly only after I posted it.

Reply to
GB

Ha, no problem. I have affected (but not necessarily effected) a repair, with some cutting, prising, wrestling and duct tape.

We have a Henry at work, as good as it is we need something with proper brushes at home.

Reply to
R D S

Swmbo has had to replace the handle on her Miele vacuum, the one that joins the hose to the metal tube twice now, but then she weasr out the heads as well. Beats me.

She has Miele equipment in her kitchen and finds them superior to previous machines.

Reply to
fred

Tried the Henry turbo head?

Reply to
Bob Eager

I think i've looked at that in the past, does it use the suction itself to rotate the brush? Or is there a powered one?

Reply to
R D S

Looks like there is an independently powered one....

Reply to
R D S

Me

Obviously a business opportunity for hose adaptors between makes then by the sound of it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well done.

One of my wife's friends, whose husband is not very practical, claims that the only "tools" she ever needs are duct tape or WD40!

Reply to
newshound

Suction powered. Within limits, works quite well.

Reply to
Bob Eager