IP 44 light fitting a bit broken

Just went to put a fitting in the bathroom - it's IP44, Class 1, pull switch, to go into Zone 2 (more on this in another thread). The glass cover is a bit broken and that protects the lamp from below. However, the GU10 lamp has to be pushed in firmly as there's a seal in the socket - looks as if it does a good job. The glass cover doesn't actually seal fit closely to the body, so I assume that it's there mainly to protect a hot halogen lamp from being shattered by a splash of cold water.

So, Im wondering if the fitting is still OK to install, as it's protected by seals top and bottom and will have a LED lamp.

Reply to
PeterC

Well not quite sure what you mean by broken but as long as water cannot get to the connections I'd have thought it was fine, if there are issues then you will soon know! I do not like mains lamps in showers etc in any case, maybe I'm old fashioned. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Just went to put a fitting in the bathroom - it's IP44, Class 1, pull switch, to go into Zone 2 (more on this in another thread). The glass cover is a bit broken and that protects the lamp from below. However, the GU10 lamp has to be pushed in firmly as there's a seal in the socket - looks as if it does a good job. The glass cover doesn't actually seal fit closely to the body, so I assume that it's there mainly to protect a hot halogen lamp from being shattered by a splash of cold water.

So, Im wondering if the fitting is still OK to install, as it's protected by seals top and bottom and will have a LED lamp.

Reply to
PeterC

This over the basin, so Zone 2.

Reply to
PeterC

Ah, I re-posted (sorry, should have said) because I couldn't see the original one. Now I don't know which I'm seeing, but I can't see any replies except Brian's and yours. Any chance that you could copy the replies into this one, please?

Reply to
PeterC

See your other identical thread.

Reply to