Interior door lock/latch, do they have names?

Old fashioned interior door assembly, where the latch, keyhole and handle are all in a straight line. Do these have a name and are they replaceable? I need to replace one (lost key) but I can't seem to find anything that has a keyhole between the latch and handle, just ones with the keyhole below or integral with the handle. I really don't want to be making more holes in the door :(
On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:56:34 PM UTC+1, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

Horizontal mortice latch/lock. Available in 5 inch or 6 inch lengths: http://www.thedoorhandlestore.com/Horizontal-3-Lever-Mortice-Lock-p/zukh3.htm

You're a star, many thanks! My second stupid question, where do I measure it from so I know if it's the 5" or 6" I need?
On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:00:20 PM UTC+1, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

You may find this helpful http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/Documents/Technical_Information/850745.pdf It's not the same supplier or manufacturer, but I suspect they are reasonably standardised.

? I

the

Make a new key for your old lock. You will need needle files and junior hacksaw. You will see how the lock works if you take it apart. Timpsons etc has blank keys.