Intergral blinds in DG unit

Out cat likes to look out of the window. If the blinds are down he's outraged. And doesn't mind showing it.

So we are thinking of the blinds that are integrated between the panels in a double glazed unit.

Has anyone got these? We've only two windows on the front of the house so I doubt it's going to be a major extravagance but how expensive are these things? 6x4 foot ish?

Any input....

Reply to
R D S

I once visited a place that had them installed. Needless to say over the years they had mostly failed, and often not gracefully. Looked terrible.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If the window doesn't open you could fit secondary glazing in front of conventional (eg roller) blinds. Opening windows is trickier due to the thickness, but maybe there are extra thin roller blinds that might work. Then you could take the glazing panel off for maintenance.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

What about those vertical slatted blinds, the cat could simply push them out of the way. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

I know a couple of people who have them, both have failed one was replaced by the supplier.

Reply to
Andy Burns