Info on ibc plastic IBC tanks

These usually are sold inside a wire cage. Are they easily removed and replaced into the cage? As they are about 50 kilo in weight I thought by splitting them it would be easier to handle.

Reply to
Broadback

Having done one, its easy to remove the cage but you will probably destroy the cage in the process.

Reply to
Steve Firth

So that's a no then, thanks for the info.

Reply to
Broadback

You're welcome. The one I tackled had a mix of rivets and spot welds to be overcome. It might be possible to drill out some rivets and then repair afterwards. I just decided life's too short and cut the cage away.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The 5 I have are all simple to remove the plastic part, in mine, there are two bars that go over the top, this is easily unscrewed from each end (so 4 screws) and the tank then just lifts out, leaving the cage whole (minus the two top bars, obviously)

Reply to
Toby