incapatibilty alert !

.> >

I wish I knew that when I had a phone call from a friend to say he was bringing a few year old Miele over for me. Thought I'd crack open the end of the hose connector and see what happened. Couldn't undo it by hand so took a mole wrench to it. Shattered the end of the hose connector and the valve was open. Friend said it was worth giving me the washing machine just for that.

Reply to
Periproct

What, you mean you can get a tune out of it?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Shirley, the intuative way to turn it is the normal counter clockwise for on? How do you manage with gate valves or taps with symetrical handles?

And you didn't even think to try the "incorrect" direction before being an arse?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I've never had the problem either.

I do always fit a new 3/4" washer though (unless the hose is new), often with integral gauze filter, which may be a bit thicker.

Maybe you are tighening it up against an old hardened squashed washer?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Only if you're dyslexic!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Looks like a case of Transient Dyslexia there, Bill. :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good

just had a new box installed under the water meter. The stop-valve is ¼-turn antclockwise to off instead of the old one's multi-turn clockwise - I hope I remember if in a hurry.

Reply to
PeterC