Pressure washer repair

Hi all,
I have a Wickes pressure washer (it's a rebranded Lavor I believe). It had a little accident the other day. It toppled over, and the end of the plasti c water-inlet fitting sheared off. The fitting is like the lower item in th is photo: http://www.screwfix.com/p/hose-connector-set-5-pieces/70310 It's screwed onto a metal thread. No problem, I thought, I'll unscrew and r eplace. However, it seems to have been stuck in place with some sort of res in from hell. No amount of force has loosened it, and in fact the plastic i s just disintegrating.
I think the only way I'll get it off the metal thread is to destroy the pla stic, which is not a problem in itself. But does anyone have any insight in to why this is stuck on so securely? As the inlet it's on the low pressure side of the motor, so it doesn't need to withstand huge pressure. And if I do manage to get it off, clean up the metal thread, and screw on a replacem ent will it work OK?
The alternative is scrapping a £200 machine which otherwise works fine.
Cheers!
Martin
On 01/10/2014 13:34, Martin Pentreath wrote:

If its the same as the one on mine I have replaced it once already. Next time I might use one of these
http://cpc.farnell.com/_/fr001z019/brass-bsp-tap-connector-3-4/dp/SI16166
I only had to unscrew mine though, I can only think the one you have was broken at some point and has been glued.
On 01/10/2014 13:34, Martin Pentreath wrote:

In several decades of selling pressure washers, I've never come across one glued on before.

On 01/10/2014 13:34, Martin Pentreath wrote:

It it possible the pressure washer has been abused in the past and left running dry, and this has melted on there?!
--
Toby...
Remove your pants to reply
On 01/10/2014 22:47, Toby wrote:

Entirely possible. Good one.

On 01/10/2014 13:34, Martin Pentreath wrote:

Some models are well over 2Kw, so on the basis that these will be the next things to be banned by the EU (and they aren't exactly essential for home users), either buy a good one now, or wait for the ban then get one cheap before the ban is implemented.
Andrew