Impregnating a tree stump for burning out?

'Nitram'. Used to come in blue 1-cwt bags in the 50's and 60's when I spent most of my time on the farm behind where I lived at the time.

Had a big warning label on it about storoing out of direct sunlight or where it might be anywhere near a fire. Few farmers bothered with any precautions though.

Reply to
Andrew

Sweet..........!

Reply to
Davidm

We had a tree fall last year. Cut it off as close to the ground as possible. Removed stump to bonfire area at bottom of garden with JCB. While several bonfires have been lit around it since then there is no sign of the stump burning. Few charred areas but thats it

Reply to
fred

it takes well over a year for a stump to be dry enough to burn

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, I am old.

Reply to