Immersion heater timer

No, I simply didn't want to be heating water in the middle of the day and during the night when we wouldn't use it.

He called here earlier but I had to disappoint him. He wanted two and I only had the one.

What timer did you buy?

I have fitted so few that I cannot give a recommendation. The ones I have fitted have been awkward to fit but seemed to have worked well.

Now what is the difference between these two

ARW

Volt Free contacts :-)

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

I haven't found one yet so have been using one of my existing electronic switches (bearing in mind earlier warnings about the plug/socket contacts).

The second , more expensive, one is a 'General Purpose Timeswitch c/w Voltage Free Contacts' and 'Switches up to 750W incandescent or halogen lighting/750W fluorescent lighting/100W compact fluorescent lighting (cfl?s). Not suitable for discharge lighting'. There is no mention of this with the other which is described as an 'Immersion Heater Timeswitch' rather than a 'General Purpose Timeswitch

c/w Voltage Free Contacts'.

Does it matter?

Yes, I read that. WTF are voltage free contacts? Answer here:

A relay has voltage free contacts.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I am hoping that Peter Andrew's :-) was because he was thinking what I was thinking

That are the same thing but one of them has a live connection wire pre installed to the volts free contact.

Reply to
ARW

So, for an immersion heater application, does it matter?

Both models have L-in and N-in terminals, additionally

the T03 model has N-out and SL-out

the T04 model has S-in and S-out

so for the T03 they probably cut one link and adding two others in the factory.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Look again at the instructions for the T04

"The T04 has a wire link in place and this should not be removed"

"Sin (T04 only) if volt free is not required then fit a link between L and Sin"

Seems that the instructions are at home to Mr Cockup:-).

The T04 is in the real world volts free and the T03 has SL internally connected to live.

Reply to
ARW

So the cheaper one (T03) would do what I want?

Can't have it , it Arked over and and the end result was a flood.

G Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

En el artículo , damduck- snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk escribió:

*groan*

You owe me a pint in compensation for that.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson