Identify this rotary burr/rasp/drill bit ?

I would like to obtain some more of these (my pic)

source , no name on the drill bit and cannot find them via searchengines. I use them as burrs rather than drills Anyone know a maker or generic name?

Reply to
N Cook

My local Sunday market tool stall has them. So probably Blackspur or Draper, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

MachineMart do them:

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Thanks for that, so "drill saw" is the generic term , I would have said it was more a burr or rasp than a saw.

Reply to
N Cook

Silverline also do them, we sell them, absolute s**te they are.

Reply to
Scabbydug

I bought a set from Toolstation a little while ago & I think Screwfix do them as well.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes - all probably from the same factory. Never found them much use as a tool anyway. A good hand file is quicker. Or a cone cutter if you want various size holes with one tool.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The ones I got from Toolstation are quite handy, opening up keyholes to one side for example.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Perhaps it's just me but I find hand held rotary rasps etc more trouble than they're worth - they go all over the place. Again I'd use a coarse file for this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Agreed if there were enough space for one. In the example about keyholes, I often find the key won't 'quite' fit because the lock is of a different make. A few mins with a rotary drill/rasp gives enough clearance. I find the aperture too small for a hand held file.

Can't think of any other application mind.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Poundland do them too. Almost all makes however are crp performers. I once had some that performed well, they had the cutting edges in the correct direction, running along the bit, unbroken, and with a mild twist for smoother use. Sadly I've never seen any properly designed like that since.... well, 80s I think it was.

NT

Reply to
meow2222