I wish I'd bought one sooner - high torque drill

You know that feeling when a job that used to be a struggle suddenly gets a whole lot easier...

I knew for ages I *should* get one - but now I'm having to do a lot of holes with big auger bits (32-56mm) through stud, I finally caved in:

if I'd listened to the MH a while back - I could have bought the Wickes/Kress high torque drill before they discontinued it).

Stonking torque on the dewalt though, also delightfully compact, though I'd have liked a keyless chuck.

Reply to
dom

...at thirty quid.

Reply to
mike

For the cordless with right angle drive and two batteries? Somewhat of a bargain - I paid over 100 quid. Excellent drill though - and the batteries are still fine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They reduced both the high torque mains drill and the cordless with angle drive to =A330.

I bought one of each.

I'd already got the cordless without angle when they reduced it to =A380 a few years before. Shortly after that, they reduced it to =A350 and I bought one for a friend. Shortly after that they reduced it to =A330.

So this time, I'd learned my lesson.

You were right about the angle drive. It's great. Used it loads - don't know how I got by without it. And the batteries on the newer model are either improved or my old ones are getting a bit tired.

Reply to
mike

Trouble is they were clearing out. You can't always wait for that.

Indeed - great for drilling holes in joists for cables, etc.

Of course no battery lasts for ever. But those (and likely the charger) seem as good as any.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)