I wish I'd bought one sooner - high torque drill

You know that feeling when a job that used to be a struggle suddenly gets a whole lot easier...
I knew for ages I *should* get one - but now I'm having to do a lot of holes with big auger bits (32-56mm) through stud, I finally caved in:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/28582/Power-Tools/Corded-Drills/DeWalt-D21520-240V-710W-Mixer-Drill
(and if I'd listened to the MH a while back - I could have bought the Wickes/Kress high torque drill before they discontinued it).
Stonking torque on the dewalt though, also delightfully compact, though I'd have liked a keyless chuck.

...at thirty quid.
In article

For the cordless with right angle drive and two batteries? Somewhat of a bargain - I paid over 100 quid. Excellent drill though - and the batteries are still fine.
--
*If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

They reduced both the high torque mains drill and the cordless with angle drive to 30.
I bought one of each.
I'd already got the cordless without angle when they reduced it to 80 a few years before. Shortly after that, they reduced it to 50 and I bought one for a friend. Shortly after that they reduced it to 30.
So this time, I'd learned my lesson.
You were right about the angle drive. It's great. Used it loads - don't know how I got by without it. And the batteries on the newer model are either improved or my old ones are getting a bit tired.
In article

Trouble is they were clearing out. You can't always wait for that.

Indeed - great for drilling holes in joists for cables, etc.

Of course no battery lasts for ever. But those (and likely the charger) seem as good as any.
--
*Real women don't have hot flashes, they have power surges.