I'd like some exciting drill bits

I'd like some exciting drill bits. All the drill bits I see advertised say they are boring bits. I dont want to be bored when I'm drilling, or I'll fall asleep on the job. Where can I buy some drill bits that are NOT boring and possibly even exciting?

The Home Repair Dude

*(My home repairs are scheduled for completion on June 1, 2099)
Reply to
Home Repair Dude

Get a grinding bit

Reply to
ransley

I can sell you some of mine.

They are TOTALLY NAKED. :-)

Lewis.

*****
Reply to
limeylew

Get some triangle bits. They drill triangle holes.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Get the new ones with the steel cable on it. You hold onto the cable with one hand, turn the drill on with the other. When the cable is wound tight around the shaft, or you want to reverse, you simply pull on the cable to make it reverse.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

2099 ???? now your just bragging
Reply to
nefletch

I'm still looking to find some "naughty" bits..........

Reply to
Reed

If you do, you're are unique.

I recall my instructor in the Dale Carnegie Sales course saying: "It is estimated there are several million quarter-inch drill bits sold in this country every year. But nobody actually wanted a quarter-inch drill bit! What they wanted was a quarter-inch hole."

Reply to
HeyBub

On 1/10/2009 4:00 PM HeyBub spake thus:

So you became a hole salesman???

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Van Chocstraw wrote in news:4t6dnTMUE6D4NfXUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Sounds as goofy as drilling square holes. Square holes are easily drilled in wood.

Reply to
Red Green

No, but one guy in the class did work as a "counselor" for a cemetery.

He did allow, during one break, that a fringe benefit of his seemingly somber job was the widows; several were, in his words, "hornier than a bag of toads." On a similar note, my ex-brother-in-law said he got some strange on virtually every long-haul trip he took as a Greyhound driver. He attributed it to his looks, but I think it was the incessant vibration.

Reply to
HeyBub

Sounds goofy but there is actually a drill system which will drill triangular or square holes in metal. It uses a guide and a bit with one flute less than the number of sides desired. Can't think of the name of it right now. A hand-held regular drill bit will sometimes drill a somewhat triangular hole that the round shank will not pass thru, especially in thin metal.

Don Young

Don Young

Reply to
Don Young

"Don Young" wrote in news:I5SdnfRyrv3fXvfUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.worldwebinternetservicesprov ideinc:

And there's the cutting a perfectly round circle of wood on a table saw trick using a pretty simple home made jig. I think there's a YouTube clip on that someplace.

Reply to
Red Green

My drill bits aren't boring but they are really twisted.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas