I want a toilet seat that doesn't break - any recommendations?

Hi All

I've had a succession of toilet seats from Homebase and they last about a year then the hinge breaks. Does anyone know of a decent strong product?

Thanks

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

Change sex and superglue it to the pan?

Reply to
Icky Thwacket

Armitage Shanks.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

My IKEA one is going well after about 12 years!. The knack is to sort them out if anything works loose.

Reply to
John

From what I've seen the most robust type are the ones with a bar type hinge right across the back. The typical ones with a round base and a post each side are useless against any sideways forces at all.

A problem I have is with my 13yo who is now adult sized but still throws himself onto chairs and presumably loo seats as if he weighted nothing. I'm trying to get him to move around more gracefully but I think the pig will be singing first.

Reply to
PCPaul

In message , Stephen writes

Lose weight or buy a less pikey brand