High quality plastic toilet seat

Hi,

I'm completely frustrated with wooden toilet seats, so far I had to replace them every 1-2 years, no matter how expensive they were. I had the paint blistering and chipping, or the plastic feet from the lid piercing into the seat. Plastic seats on the other hand, seem really bad in quality, bending and flexing like cheap patio furniture. Is there something like a high quality toilet seat that lasts forever? Something made of a solid plastic like Corian? I would be willing to spend $100 or more if the darn thing is good.

thanks, blu

Reply to
blu4899

snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (blu4899) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Look for "commercial/institutional" plastic toilet seats. This type will hold up for years.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Wayne Boatwright wrote in news:Xns94C9EDF1D584Cwayneboatwright@204.127.36.1:

BTW, here's a good example...

Wayne Boatwright

You're lucky they didn't split at a joint - most aren't very well made which is why I make my own. Seats are 4 pieces half lapped, some close to 20 years old, no problems. They are lacquered, have to refinish every 7-8 years.

As far as the lid feet piercing the seat goes, the solution is to replace them with soft rubber feet that screw on and to fill the countersunk screw hole in the feet with silicone...keeps the screw head from marring the seat. The feet I'm talking about are normally available at Ace Hardware.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Actually any plastic seat will be fine compared to wood. The biggest problem seems to be the cheap hinge mechanism and mounting hardware. The ones you show do seem to have high quality hardware though - maybe even worth all that money :-)

Reply to
jeffc

What are you doing (eating?) to blister the paint on your toilet seat?

Reply to
Chuck