I am being told that vertical radiators are not as efficient for the same volumetric flow as horizontal radiators.

You said you could read. Please try harder. There are some graphs to assist.

Your record has stuck.

Reply to
Fredxx

Are you now saying you failed your physical chemistry research degree?

So you were had.

You didn't with any substance. In the end you admitted that wide is not always best.

Backtracking now. Then we are in agreement.

So you agree that wider is not always better. Great.

There was no cite of an article saying that wider is better. Anyway, since you have backtracked and agree there is an optimum.

Reply to
Fredxx
<snip>

But that's not a solution to comparing the effectiveness of vertically or horizontally orientated radiators of the same volumetric flow etc. ;-)

The thing that doesn't change in the comparison is how a 'third party' acts to / with both orientations, namely the air.

Because 'heat rises', the more radiator you can expose to more virgin air the more likely you will transfer more heat between the water >

rad > air.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I tend to use one that is 2 x overrated (80-60/in-out) over design minimum so I can use a lower water temperature. And of course safer for those in contact.

Reply to
Fredxx

Surely though if less heat is lost then where is it going to? It may take longer but in the end it will get away, and all tat should happen is that the boiler will not be needed to be on as much, but then some areas of the house might be colder than others. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

stays in the hot water and is emitted by a radiator into a different room.

Reply to
Andy Burns