Hydrochloric Acid - Where can I get some?

She seems fine, problem is she's a bit of a geek like her dad who was always experimenting with things when he was a kid, not that he's changed much over the years.

Still its pride of place in her rack full of old rocks and fossils;!....

Reply to
tony sayer

In article , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

For many people its not as simple as that, for many it just gets them the medical attention they need...

Reply to
tony sayer

Well, of course. It was just pointless New labour Nanny-State nonsense.

Anyhow, I buy paracetamol in the 'States, too. In drums of 1000 from the supermarket.

Reply to
Huge

But paracetamol OD-ers are invariably making a 'cry for help', they don't really want to top themselves at all - like a teenage girl with a broken romance. What the ban has done is reduce the overall availability of the drug, so that for example when the dumped teenager goes to the medicine cabinet on impulse, all she finds is a half-empty blister pack of tablets rather than a bottle of 500.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Huge typed

Can you really use them all within 5 years or so of their expiry date?

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

Keep 'em in the deep freeze and ignore the expiry date.

Reply to
Huge

I've still got some bottles of Asprin I bought just before those were banned. They still work fine, although long past their use-by dates. Unfortunately, soluble asprin has never existed in the US -- I did try that route, in case I ever ran out or they went off. The US have a very wide selection of asprin in supermarkets and pharmacies, but none is the soluble type we have here.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I bought 2 bottles of 500 aspirins in Walgreens for USD 3.00 (Buy 1 get 1 free !)

As for use by dates they're a joke, I still laugh at the 50,000,000 year old spring water from some extinct volcano somewhere.

"Best before Dec. 2007"

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

but have suicides by other means gone up by an equal amount? I dont really believe one can stop suiciders doing it if they mean to.

Some places still sell several times that in one go. Thankfully, as I found out when in a whole lot of pain. Difficulty getting pain relief was one more thing that made me swear not to vote labour.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

aspirin should work forever, the only issue with it is dampness turns the aspirin into salicylic acid. This is just as effective as aspirin, but gives a much higher incidence of stomach bleeding. Add some silly gel and you can keep it forever.

Freezing: if reaction times halve for every 10C drop, storing it at -18 instead of +21 should give 15x the lifetime. And expiry dates arent especially meaningful in practice.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I presume they aren't soluble?

Or even "Tesco's Luxury Christmas Pate" Best before 23rd Dec. (Radio 4 News Quiz)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

or to go into labour, presumably :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) contains these words:

You mean it's got hair on? Wish my pate had hair.

Actually, I'm quite glad it hasn't - I'm too clever for hair.

Reply to
Guy King

What? They needed a liver transplant?

Reply to
dennis

The use by dates on spring water are needed. The stuff is, generally, full of bacteria.

Drink tap water its much safer.

Reply to
dennis

That is a big if.

Reply to
dennis

SHould have paid attention in Chemistry classes. Reaction times

*do* half for every 10 deg C reduction. It isn't an "if" in the interrogative sense at all.
Reply to
Huge

a bit of basic education would genuinely solve the problem. Taking the drug out of the immediate reach of justa percentage of people plus causing the rest of us silly hassle isnt the most sensible way to adress the issue.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

What did you have in mind?