Smoothover Walls. Gone Mouldy!

Hi!

I have a tub of smoothover walls which I bought to try to improve some rough painted-concrete walls in our 1950s kitchen.

I have had the tub for a few weeks and opened it a while ago to do a small job.

I opened it tonight and it was completley covered in velvety black mould!

I have scraped it off and it does not appear to extend below the surface so it presumably likes the solvent liquid in the smooth-over.

Has anyone else found this?

Reply to
only me

A bit like paint then...you turn it upside down to stop the skin forming on the surface.

Sounds like thats got some sort of wallpaper paste contents in the material? WP goes moldy if left unused for a couple of days.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby