Huw much will people pay?

Nope. She also drives as I appear to be losing my skills.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Look out for the Tesco "Everyday Value". One breakfast cereal I compared was *identical* (Ingredient list and %, nutritional info, RDAs, etc), but half the price of the normal Tesco brand.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Look out for the Tesco "Everyday Value". One breakfast cereal I compared was *identical* (Ingredient list and %, nutritional info, RDAs, etc), but half the price of the normal Tesco brand.

I guess you've not been watching "food factory".

They start out with identical ingredients, but then end results do not taste the same

tim

Reply to
tim.....

It may be BOGOF in one store but often another store is selling the single item at half the BOGOF price.

Reply to
alan

In message , tim..... writes

some years ago I bought some 'new' own brand Cornflakes from Safeway (that dates the story).

But they weren't very good. So much so that I didn't want to eat them, and I bothered to take the packets back to the store as they did this refund double your money thing.

always been a bit wary of 'value' stuff since. some can be fine, others is pretty crap

Reply to
chris French

Oddly enough I bought some Waitrose 'essential cornflakes' They are the best I have ever had.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

IME "Waitrose Essential" is betetr over a wide range than most other stores' mid range products.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yeah, but Waitrose Essential is just an own brand range, similar to other standard own brand ranges in other stores, which is nornmally fine.

It' the 'value', 'basics' etc. type stuff that can be crap eg. orange juice that's like watered down squash, watery baked beans

Reply to
chris French

Agreed, when I've compared the ingredients list of "value" goods against the normal the "value" stuff quite often has far more crap (preservatives, extra E numbers etc) than the normal.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

yep so far a tick for cornflakes, cat food, possibly dog food, butter, baked beans, tinned tomatoes...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ooo, that takes me back. I remember a shop in Sheffield that sold "Basic" brand food, plain white packaging with just the word "beans" or "cornflakes" on them, just like this:

jgh

Did you ask the cat?

Reply to
djc

He didn't mention a cat.

Reply to
PeterC

Yup! All 5 of them. They voted with their paws.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Does he have a dog? If not who eats the cat food, dog food.

Reply to
DJC

One dog eats the cat food, as well as the cats (eat the cat food) when he can get it. It makes him fart horribly.,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Immediately, or after a paws for thought?