Humax and "catch-up"

Is it possible to record catch-up, or any TV broadcasters equivalent? Having a slow broadband it would be great to be able to record them and play them back at my own choosing.

Reply to
Broadback

Most of the online players have a download or buffer facility. For BBC, have a google for get-iplayer.

Reply to
Adrian

If it's any help, some FreeSAT boxes have this facility.

Reply to
Bod

I notice that the application for pcs is not even blind accessible. I do wish these people would realise thwt blind people do use tvs as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You can download them to a computer for later viewing. Dunno about on a Humax PVR, but I suspect not - not with the standard firmware, anyway. I can access the BBC i-Player on mine - but only to view, not record - and it won't do ITV at all.

It may be worth looking at some of the Humax forums, because there is custom firmware available which does things which the standard firmware doesn't.

Reply to
Roger Mills

The custom firmware does a whole lot of useful things but does not enable recording of an iPlayer (or similar) stream.

Reply to
CB

But it does enable saving of the last streamed programme. I did that this morning. The next stream over-writes it, so be prompt.

Reply to
Davey

And Youview boxes do this AFAIK.

Reply to