OT(ish) - white cable clips

I am about to clip some white speaker cable to the side of a white door frame.

Obviously, I could use white cable clips. From the earlier thread about clip sizes I need ones suitable for 1.0mm T&E.

For some reason nobody seems to stock white clips - presumably there is no demand. At one time you could buy white T&E and white clips in the sheds. No sign of that now, nor at Screwfix or Toolsatan.

So was there a trend at one time to surface mount white T&E but fashion has changed?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

White T&E cable seems a lot less common nowadays hence white clips not needed. You rarely see cable run on the surface these days, the only reason for it to be white I suppose.

Reply to
harryagain

1.0 and 1.5mm T&E
bell wire

most sizes (apart from 10 and 16 mm T&E) appear to be available in grey and white

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In message , David writes

They do seem less common, but I'm sure I've seen bags in my local hardware store, and of course Ebay e.g.

Reply to
Chris French

Don't use them outdoors because they fail due to UV light.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

LSZH T&E can be (maybe all is?) white, the sparkies seem to hate fitting it as they think it makes them look amateur ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

It's not using evenly spaced buckle clips that makes them look amateur.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Buckle clips? I always assumed they were no longer compliant.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Bit strange as many telephone cables are white. Is there a problem making white plastic? Maybe one needs to dip each one in white paint first! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Looking back at my original post I forgot to say that they are available for not very much on line - Amazon, eBay etc.

So I can get them - it just led me to ponder that they always used to be available in the sheds but no longer.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David