Huge woodworking project....

A matching condiments tray for the other end of the table?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I think she has already suggested a condiments cupboard of some description, to save them all ending up on the windowsill.

Reply to
John Rumm

Nice job. Not sure about contrasting wood.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

IMO it would have looked nice all done in walnut, but I did not have enough in that offcut[1] to do it all. So I thought it might be an interesting experiment to make a feature of the finger joints and see how that looked.

I just need to think of another small project now to use up the spare bit of maple now ;-)

[1] I have got about 6' of a 7x2" board as well, but given the silly money they charge for it, I was saving that!
Reply to
John Rumm

I've got a couple of split rounds from when our (English) Walnut got annoyingly big way back. Another Tim's daughter had the trunk but I kept these back for a friend who was woodturning. Still taking up space in the barn but ISTR you are well North of Hertfordshire.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

SE Essex is only North of if you go the very long way round ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Ah! The brain cells have aged more than I thought. Not just names, now it is places as well:-(

I'm a bit West of Hatfield. I'll look them out if you are interested. Should be seasoned but they might be split all over. With a fresh blade, my bandsaw should convert them.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Or the missing handle. When you pick it up all the contents will fall out.

Reply to
Andrew

I guess that depends on how limp wristed you are! ;-)

(just how heavy do you expect a pile of 20 paper napkins to be?)

Reply to
John Rumm