How to take stannah 600 Chair off rail

Want to remove chair from rail to relocate. Understand how to remove balance of equipment.. Also have installation manual not very helpful. Seems manufacture designed that way.

Reply to
John

In article <15d9953f10891de0$1$7375$ snipped-for-privacy@news.newsgroupdirect.com>, John <caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85 snipped-for-privacy@example.com writes

Probably written by Hayes. Removal is the opposite of installation.

Reply to
bert

Not sure what my model was but I think they are all similar, there are mechanical stops that have to be removed at the top or the bottom, depending on which is more convenient. You need to use the hand wind once the electrics is disconnected, this is very slow indeed. It's not too difficult to make up an adaptor to fit into a cordless drill.

IMHO they are designed to be difficult to DIY (e.g. for replacing batteries).

Reply to
newshound

newshound presented the following explanation :

The batteries are extremely easy to replace - a couple of fixings retaining a plastic cover, then just disconnect and pull them out.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Wasn't at all obvious on my model. I only figured out how to do it when I needed to take it off the rail, which involved a lot of grovelling around on the floor, and even then it was not particularly easy.

Reply to
newshound