How to remove sugar soap from chrome radiator?

My chrome radiator in the bathroom is covered in drips of the stuff - any idea how to clean?

Have tried: white vinegar, white spirit, baby oil, water.

Reply to
eden

IIRC the modern version of sugar soap is just detergent with a fine scouring powder. Nothing that water wouldn't remove. Earlier formulations were highly alkaline which I suppose might attack chrome.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

It's not corroded but very visible drip/runs marks.

Reply to
eden

I thought the entire idea of sugar soap was that it left no residue?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On my packet (v. old) it says 'rinse thoroughly', which to me means using running water! I use Star Drops for cleaning paintwork and the new paint seems to last OK.

Reply to
PeterC