How to break stuff

James Wilkinson Sword

So we click this link then and break our computer by getting ransomware, is this what you mean? Luckily I'm not going to click it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Its stuff being cut by a red-hot knife, and behaving in a totally unremarkable and predictable way.

Reply to
Graham.

I was exceedingly surprised the lighters did not catch fire instantly.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Lighten up a bit you silly old fart.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Boring.

Reply to
harry

Indeed. what can a red hot knife do that a laser cutter can't do better?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Make your own video then.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I have an electric 'hot knife' originally bought by my Dad and mainly used for cutting synthetic ropes.

I also know (to my cost) what damage they can do as I ruined (scorched / blistered) the otherwise unmarked 30 year old kitchen worktop quite recently by leaving for a few too many seconds said knife resting on a glass cutting board that was sitting directly on said worktop. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

What can these hot knives cut? Sounds useful....

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Anything that has a lower melting point than the temperature of the knife. ;-)

They are, in a fairly limited use of the term.

What they are ideal for though is cutting though synthetic ropes of all sizes (within reason) and not having them fray all over the place, often (if the rope isn't very dense), 'like a hot knife though butter'.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Did you make that one?

Reply to
harry

Useful for cutting bread, too.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

No.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Can you cut wood?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I can (with a wood saw) , I wouldn't think the not knife could, well, not very quickly, cleanly or without a lot of smoke.

Whilst it is sharpish, it's only really a 'knife' because of the 'hot' bit. When cold I'm not sure if you could easily cut anything with it.

Mine looks like an earlier version of these (mine has a wooden handle):

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m