How seriously are female posters taken on this DIY forum?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

|> Chaps are male, IMHO. | |Well, I do usually say Chaps and Chapesses but I don't mind being called a |Chap if there's an associated respect.. |>

|> Guys, either - although this tends to be fairly recent change in meaning. | |From USA, in my experience. I was surprised when I first heard it, twenty |years ago.

We haven't got past the name of the Musical "Guys and Dolls"

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

You may very well think so, I couldn't possibly comment.

Never heard of o-a, I'll have a (groups.)google.

Thanks,

Reply to
Phil Young

I don't have any posters of females on my wall,too old for that. Anyway throw what you have at us.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Anyone who takes sex seriously deserves to be laughed at.

Reply to
Guy King

I can be very nice ;)

Reply to
Richard Conway

What a sad individual you must be then. I've had exactly the same thing said to me when having an injection. It's just a phrase many of them use to tell the patient to be ready for it! He/she could have said "just a little prick" to you I suppose. It YOU that has the problem. "Patronized", my arse! Get the perspective parts of your brain seen to.

Reply to
dave

Mary Fisher wrote

Anyone who has sweet FA to say must expect this.

Good. I'm very glad you don't think it worth contesting.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Well, anyone who thinks that sex has only one attribute shouldn't be taken seriously :-)

I shan't.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

(quoting)

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh!

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I wouldn't bother.

Some DOB actually believes I'm doing some sort of stalking thing! Hilarious delusions of self-importance.

A serious question - why do stupid non-contributing people

*have* to air their crap on the NG, rather than e-mailing eash other? Because of some sort of Narcissistic tendencies? The need to be recognised as something, even if only a POS?
Reply to
Chris Bacon

Probably the reason for all these content-less posts.

Not sure that applies.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

More detail please....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Who knows - maybe similar reasons to people who post multiple "Blah Blah Blah" posts to the group and posts lots of messages whinging about others content. I don't really see how that makes you any different to the people you're whining about.

You didn't reply to my e-mail suggesting you just use your killfile if you don't like the output of certain posters instead of whining incessantly. I do hope you received it.

Reply to
Chris Cowley

Sometimes, sometimes not. Let's not go there.....

I think they do if we have something serious to say.

- especially me :-) But that's their problem, not ours, as

On the whole, yes.

Mmm, maybe, but I don't think I have generally had any problem knowing which is which.

Have I?! Don't know whether to be horrified or flattered! You and me both then Chris :-) It's not worth googling, but perhaps if you spot me displaying masculine tendencies in future Mary you might let me know! :-) Anyone else think so?

And in Third Rock from the Sun, which I never watched other than to see who Holly was.

I can think of some valid reasons and circumstances where one might not, again I'm not going to go there now.

-- Holly, in France Gite to let in Dordogne, now with pool.

Holly, in France

I don't remember either. Let us know if you find out. I'm just rather relieved he didn't mean me!

-- Holly, in France Gite to let in Dordogne, now with pool.

Holly, in France

LOL, well done.

Reply to
Holly, in France

Hurrah!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well, I couldn't see anything on groups.google for author: o-a and group: uk.d-i-y, so we'd better leave it at that.

Your posts seem 'normal' AFAIK, so I think that leaves the score as one regular egregious female prick (or whatever the distaff equivalent is) vs. several males.

Reply to
Phil Young

Tell me how you know?

Neither, it's a fact. I can't remember why.does it matter then? It doesn't to me :-)

Maybe. It depends on whether I think it matters or if I have time or inclination or...well ...are you male or female?

Never heard of that.

As many people round here know we don't have a telly and only go to the pictures if 'children' say we should know what's going on in the world to be streetwise. It last happened with Chocolat! (which we enjoyed) and "Topsy Turvey" because one of our friends did the costumes. We enjoyed that too. We didn't enjoy LOTR or any of the piratic elvin clones which grand-daughters insisted we watched, we've grown up. When we go to one son's and he invites us to watch his dvds (because they don't know what to do except to look at a screen) we choose something like SomeLike it Hot.We did like the Knight'sTale ...

Sorry, I'm rambling. It will come to you > You didn't have to read.

You like not going there now don't you :-)

Mary who'll go anywhere, any time!

Reply to
Mary Fisher