How much for one 30cm x 20cm replacement toughened glass pane (internal door)?

I've been quoted £13.88. Seems high? (Not beveled, just clear, toughened.)

MM

Reply to
MM

toughened is expensive - has to be cut then toughened.

I think thats a good price.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I recently paid about £30 for a 75x95cm piece of patterned, toughened glass (where they send it away for a few days to be treated).

That would make an 8x12" piece like yours about £2.50, probably even less if plain, if it was purely based on area.

Reply to
BartC

Fair enough, thanks.

MM

Reply to
MM

Laminated is cheaper, and sometimes ok as a replacement. They can do it on the spot.

NT

Reply to
NT

Actually very good because there is a min surcharge. Indeed that might be ex VAT.

- There is the size of glass

- The glass has to be cut - whatever the size

- The glass has to be toughened - physically sent offsite

- The DG unit has to be made - PU, spacer, silica gel

120x38cm toughened is =A338.44 delivered by me (just quoting for a relative if I can find time to DG her porch(se)). I have a suspicion there is the flat =A310 fee for toughening (until above a certain size) from glancing at the glazing spreadsheet she had running.

Whilst a lot of fuss is made about health & safety, glass should be safety-filmed or preferably toughened.

Reply to
js.b1

what DG panel did you think was fitted to an internal door?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Haha! I did not see that bit :-)

Actually a neighbour does have a DG internal door, it is to a large utility room - because it is for the most part unheated and with two washing machines on spin cycle sodding noisy. It used to be the back door, but they wanted something "with more wood, less glass, and less bits of broken wood & glass on the floor".

Reply to
js.b1