How much does a 'standard' paving slab weigh?

replying to pamela, Turboweasel wrote: I know, but shows people still read this to find out stuff :)

Reply to
Turboweasel

replying to Geo, Turboweasel wrote: I saw the date, thought id post for fun :)

Reply to
Turboweasel

tabbypurr

There are several hundred messages _a day_ on this newsgroup.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Hire a trailer.

Reply to
Mark Gunn

alan_m

I *have* a trailer, and have had it for many years, however it was after I asked the question - back in 2004!

Reply to
Chris Green

Why not get them delivered? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

But the answers are just as stupid.

Reply to
bert

I have one 3 foot by 2 foot by 2 inch thick slab that the neighbour didn't want. I can barely lift it, I can only move it by 'walking' it from corner to corner if I have to move it (propped up against a wall). That size is bloody heavy. Forget carrying them in a domestic car.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

I had to remove about a half-a dozen paving slabs of that size prior to a new patio being laid. As you note, they had to be "walked" to move them. I found the main problem was once they started to moved it was almost impossible to stop them! In the end, as I didn't want them, after moving the first couple I just broke them up into easily transportable bits to take them to the tip.

A rough calculation shows each slab weighs about 65 kg.

Reply to
Jeff Layman