how much concreate?

i need to repair my garden footpath where the concreate has tumbled away. i have dug out a channel 11feetlong by 15 inches wide to a depth of 15 inches. How much concreate or 25kg bags will i need??.

Many thanks.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoffrey miles

Is that 15 inches deep or 1.5 inches deep?

The Medway Handyman

Reply to
Geoffrey miles

4 in deep by 11 feet long and 15 inches wide equates to 7920 cubic inches, which equates to 0.1297 cubic metres...no wiser? - how about 4.58 cubic feet? - 129 litres? - this last one is the best clue - a standard 'belle' type mixer will mix 90 litres, although the maximum it can possibly hold is 136 litres, so two medium sized mixes will do it.

(I mix a full mixerfull and get in 75kg of stone and sand (ballast) and 25kg of cement.)

Start with 6 X 25kg bags of ballast and 2 X 25kg bags of cement and you won't be far off, although you may have to go back for some more.

Reply to
Phil L